Chicken Bruschetta Pasta Salad is the perfect dish for any occasion! With seasoned panko breaded chicken, ceviche tomatoes, and garlic bread crumbs this is a dish that will not only impress yourself, but anyone you serve it to and pairs perfectly with a glass of white wine.
One of my biggest passions in life is, well you guessed it, COOKING! There’s nothing more therapeutic for me then getting in the kitchen and working on a recipe. I love to turn on some music, pour a glass of wine, and get to work and that’s exactly how this Chicken Bruschetta Pasta Salad was born.
My main goal was to come up with a dish that was simple, fuss-free, and would pair perfectly with white wine. For me that meant going the pasta route because whether its a busy weeknight or a lazy Sunday afternoon, this chicken bruschetta pasta salad is ridiculously easy to make and is done in no time!!
The flavors and ingredients are my favorite part of this recipe! For the chicken I seasoned some panko bread crumbs with garlic powder and Italian seasoning, dipped the chicken in an egg wash, and then breaded the chicken. I also took some cherry tomatoes and marinated them in olive oil and lemon juice for 10 minutes, then blistered them in a scorching hot pan just to get some of those juices released.
Two secrets that make take this dish over the top, toasted garlic bread crumbs and Trader Joe’s Olive oil and Lemon Juice. The leftover breadcrumbs I toasted with some butter until they turned golden brown and then sprinkled over the pasta for some crunch and texture. I used the Trader Joe’s olive oil to marinate the tomatoes and to toss the pasta with at the end. I love the lemon flavor in the olive oil, and it goes with all the ingredients perfectly.
To tie this dish all together, a glass of wine is a must! I used Wente Vineyards “Morning Fog” Chardonnay, and it was deliciously crisp and paired perfectly! I have passion for good wine and good food, so naturally this dish is an essence of myself. 5th generation winegrower Karl Wente of Wente Vineyards blends his passion for winemaking with writing music, and you can check out his video of him sharing this and share what your passion is as well. Wente also has an awesome deal right now where you can get free shipping on your Wente wine order with the code JRNYSHIP1 so definitely check out their website! I’m in love with their wines and if you’re making this recipe; I highly suggest pairing it with the Morning Fog Chardonnay! Check out the recipe below!
- 1 package of thin spaghetti or angel hair
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup + 2 tbspTrader Joe's Olive Oil and Lemon Juice (seperate the ¼ cup and the 2 tbsp)
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped arugula
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and in a small bowl combine with the 2 tablespoons of the Trader Joe's olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Set aside and marinate for 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are marinating, combine the panko bread crumbs, italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Reserve two tablespoons and set aside.
- Beat the egg and place the chicken strips in the egg mixture. Make sure all the chicken has been coated with the egg mixture.
- Then take the chicken and coat with the Panko bread crumb mixture.
- In large saute plan, fry the chicken each side about 2-3 minutes in 1 tbsp of olive oil until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add another tablespoon of olive oil, and heat the pan just until it begins to smoke. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, moving the tomatoes around the pan the whole time. Remove from heat and add to the large bowl of pasta.
- In a separate pan, add the butter and allow to melt. Once the butter has melted toss in the remaining bread crumbs and allow to toast for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- To assemble: Place the chicken on top, along with the chopped arugula, and Parmesan cheese. Take ¼ cup of the Trader Joe's olive oil and drizzle over the pasta. Toss all together until everything is mixed.
- Serve hot or room temperature with a nice glass of Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay