Being the #Queenof Cooking & Entertaining while watching Season 2 of Queen of the South on USA Network!
I’m so excited to be sharing today’s post with you because it’s a lot of fun and centered around a new show that I’ve become obsessed with watching! Season 2 of Queen of the South on USA Network recently premiered, and I was invited to the premiere event! It was my first time ever watching the show, and after viewing the first episode of season 2 I was hooked!
Being present at the premiere party was a lot of fun as I got to see the cast, and mingle at the after party sipping on specialty cocktails that were inspired by the show. It was a great time with tons of photo ops, and by the time I got home I couldn’t wait to start watching Season 1.One of the things that resonated and made me fall in love with Queen of the South was that it’s all about powerful women who take matters into their own hands and handle their business. A woman can be strong, independent, and successful and the show does an excellent job of showing that. I decided that I had to get some of my other girls hooked on the show as well; so I hosted a small watch party with my foodie best friend where we re-created one of the specialty cocktails from the premiere party and a delicious flatbread to munch on while we watched the show.
Tequila, Grapefruit juice, and club soda
This was my favorite drink from the premiere party, and I definitely had to remake it for my girls. It’s fruity and citrusy, and with tequila is the perfect party starter! We garnished with some candied orange slices and they were the perfect accompaniment to the Californian Chipotle Chicken Flatbreads also served.
These California Chipotle Chicken Flatbreads are perfect for a watch party! They’re super easy to make, and my girls love them. Juicy grilled chicken, bacon, creamy avocado, cilantro and chipotle ranch dressing drizzled on top!
- 1 large flatbread or naan or 2 small ones
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ avocado, diced
- Cilantro leaves for garnishing
- 1/4th cup ranch dressing
- 2 teaspoons chipotle seasoning; divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and 1 teaspoon of chipotle seasoning. Cook in skillet over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside, let rest and then dice the chicken into medium sized pieces. Set aside.
- Combine the 1 teaspoon of chipotle seasoning and the ranch dressing to make a sauce. Spread a thin layer of the chipotle ranch dressing over the flatbread. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and top with chicken and bacon. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, and place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Top with avocados and cilantro and drizzle with remaining chipotle ranch dressing. Serve immediately.
You can catch Queen of the South on USA Network Thursday’s at 10/9 C. If you’re looking for a show that’s all about powerful women that are bosses then this is the show for you! I am all about being the #QueenOf things that inspire me and make me who I am, and for me that’s cooking. I love to cook and entertain and that’s what makes me feel powerful. What are you the #QueenOf? I’d love to know; comment below!