This 3 cheese jalapeno popper dip is here to get the party started! An easy recipe for game day, La Brea Bakery’s 3 cheese semolina loaf is turned into a bread bowl stuffed with jalapenos, cheese, and bacon and is sure to be a hit at your next Superbowl Party!
Thank you to La Brea Bakery for sponsoring today’s post!
The Superbowl one of my favorite events of the year, is right around the corner and my body is ready for all the eats! I love game day more for the food than the games and every year I always throw a small get together for my family and friends, and I do not skimp on the food! There’s always lots of cheesy recipes and comfort food to get us through the game, and on of my favorites appetizers to make is this Jalapeno Popper Dip.
This is such an easy appetizer to make, and it takes on the classic flavors of the Jalapeno Popper transforming it into a rich, creamy, cheesy, and spreadable dip. Warning! It’s very addicting, and rightfully so.
To take this recipe to the next level, I used the 3 cheese semolina loaf from La Brea Bakery. If you’ve been following me for a while now, you know I’m a huge fan of their artisan breads because of the quality and taste! I’ve used their breads in several recipes, like these Summer Toasts and I’m always happy to get my hands on good quality bread! Makes a world of difference!
I scooped out the insides of the bread, chopped them up, and incorporated them into the dip. Any left over bread I toasted and used it as my “vehicle” to grab the dip. You can use fresh jalapenos, but I’ve found that I love the taste canned jalapenos give the dip. There’s just something about the pickling liquid that enhances the flavor. I also added diced green chilies to the recipe for more FLAVOR… and BACON! Because who doesn’t love bacon?!
I like to serve this jalapeno popper dip with corn chips, crackers, or bread. I’ve even used it as a spread for grilled cheese sandwiches! Hope this recipe finds it’s way on to your table to help celebrate the Superbowl!
- 1 4oz can diced jalapenos, well drained
- 1 4oz can diced green chilles, well drained
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup crisp, chopped, bacon
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a small knife to cut a ring around the top of the bread off and pull out the bread to form a bowl. Place bread on foil. Set insides of the bread to the side.
- In a small food processor, pulse half of the insides of the bread into bread crumbs. The other half can be cut into chunks and toasted to be used to eat the dip.
- With a mixer on medium, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and sour cream until fluffy.
- Add the pulsed bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, ¾ cup parmesan cheese, bacon, diced jalapenos, and diced green chilies and mix well. Pour into bread bowl.
- Combine panko bread crumbs, melted butter, shredded parmesan cheese, and parsley and sprinkle the crumb topping over the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap bread in foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake the bread for an additional 10 minutes until the panko bread topping is golden brown.
- Serve with corn chips and the bread pulled out of the bread bowl!
MORE SUPERBOWL RECIPES!!!