Happy Hump Day!
I have been obsessed with avocado toast lately! Ever since my trip to Zinc Cafe & Market where I first experienced this wonderful creation; I have been thinking of different ways to recreate it.
And so… my Bacon Avocado and Tomato Toast was created! Let me first start by saying that the possibilities are endless when it comes to avocado toast. You can use whatever type of bread you want, whatever vegetables, and whatever protein. You can even add cheese! I could keep going here, but I’ll let your imagination run wild instead. I chose to make a play on the BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) and make my
sandwich toast the BAT (Bacon, Avocado, and Tomato).
I used sourdough bread because it serves as a sturdy vehicle to hold all the toppings. Like I said before you can use whatever type of bread you want. I’ve even done a version of this in the past where I used tortillas and garnished with fresh cilantro, YUM! The assembly of this toast is super easy! All you need to do is toast the bread, spread some avocado over it, top it with some fresh red onions and a slice of tomato, a few slices of bacon, and your fried egg on top. That’s it! It can’t get any simpler than that. You can top it with another slice of bread, but I chose not to because I love watching that velvety yolk run over everything when I cut into it! 🙂 If you don’t like a runny yolk; you can cook it all the way through or even top the toast with scrambled eggs. This has quickly become one of my favorite breakfast toasts. Enjoy the recipe below![the_ad id=”1216″]
- 2 slices of the bread of your choice
- 1 Avocado, mashed
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices of tomatoes
- 4 slices of bacon, fried
- 2 eggs, fried sunny side up
- Toast 2 slices of bread, and spread each slice with the ripe mashed avocado.
- Spray a nonstick skillet and fry the eggs sunny side up. In a separate pan fry the bacon until cooked.
- Placed chopped onions, a slice of tomato, 2 slices of bacon, and 1 cooked egg on each slice.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with some fresh parsley.