Do you see that glaze?! Two words… Balsamic Vinaigrette!
I have been on a little stint the last couple of weeks trying to come up with more creative ways to cook and serve chicken. Chicken is the go to protein in my house, and honestly it was starting to become a little mundane. To cure myself from the mundane chicken blues; I have been experimenting with sauces and glazes and came up with the idea to make Balsamic Glazed Chicken Breasts. The idea was inspired by my winnings from the #ByeByeBland Contest hosted by Ken’s Dressings’ a few months ago. I received a really gorgeous salad set and ton’s of Ken’s products, including their Balsamic Vinaigrette which I used for this recipe. The glaze is my favorite part of this dish because it really elevates basic chicken breasts and makes them more sophisticated. It’s sweet, yet tangy and full of flavor!
Honestly, this recipe couldn’t be any simpler to make. I literally threw all of the ingredients in a large bowl, covered it, and let it marinade in the fridge overnight. Cooking it was also a breeze because I baked the chicken in the oven, and the glaze naturally formed in the pan. I cannot wait to make these chicken breasts again! Dinner at my house has not been the same since I last made these! Check out the recipe below. 🙂
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place clean chicken breasts in a large bowl or Ziploc bag along with the balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic, onion, brown sugar, ground red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients, cover, and let marinate in refrigerator overnight .
- Pour the entire contents (chicken + marinade) onto a large baking sheet lined with foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Glaze the chicken breasts with the remaining sauce in the pan and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.