Sweet, tangy, and refreshing these Blood Orange Vodka Spritzers are the perfect cocktail to whip up at home.
Lately I’ve been getting more into making cocktails at home, and I must confess that when it comes to cocktails, simplicity is best. I always go for a good quality spirits and keep my ingredients to a minimum. This way I make a great cocktail without too much of a fuss.
The vodka I’m using in today’s recipes is Green Hope Organic Vodka based out California; made with organic non-GMO corn from premium grains distillled 5 times! There mission is to produce the finest spirits that are clean, organic, and free of GMO grain, and it’s a perfectly balanced straight vodka.
For this cocktail, blood oranges were my fruit of choice. They’re in season right now, and I get the best oranges from a vendor in the Hollywood Farmer’s Market. I also made a tarragon simple syrup, inspired by Local Haven and love the depth of flavor it adds to the blood orange vodka spritzers. It’s also fancy without being hard.
You can make the simple syrup ahead of time as well as squeeze the juice from the blood oranges and store in the fridge, that way you are all ready to go when its time to make these spritzers.
- Green Hope Organic Vodka
- 5 blood oranges, reserve one for garnishing
- 5 sprigs tarragon, reserve some for garnishing
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Sparkling water
- Ice Cubes
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small pot. Cook, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add the tarragon. Let steep for up to 2 hours. Remove tarragon and reserve.
- Fill your cocktail glasses with the tarragon simple syrup, followed by the blood orange juice, and then the vodka. Stir together.
- Add ice cubes and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with blood orange slices and tarragon sprigs.
I was sent this vodka to try by Green Hope Vodka, but this is not a sponsored post. I just really enjoyed the flavor of the vodka, and thought it would be great in cocktail. All the thoughts and opinions are my own.