Caribbean Tuna Salad, a twist on the classic tuna salad recipe with Caribbean flavors added; jerk seasoning, mangoes, and habanero peppers!
Tuna salad hands down has to be one of my favorite things to make whenever I’m hungry because it’s a simple, no cook recipe that’s ready in no time. Its fuss free and can be eaten in so many different ways.
It’s also really healthy, and has been a great alternative to a lot of the meals that I normally eat since I’m now actively watching what I eat. Since I’ve been eating it so much, I wanted to switch up the flavors from a traditional tuna salad so I came up with this Caribbean Tuna Salad.To make a good tuna salad, you need to start off with some good quality tuna. I use Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore packed in water not only because of the taste, but also because its great for the environment. Wild Selections is the only full line of Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable seafood. It’s blue MSC eco-label tells you the fish in your can comes from well managed fisheries and healthy fish stocks!
With Earth Day coming up on April 22th, its nice to be reminded that we need to become more aware on how we treat our environment. A great way to do that is by buying products that are both delicious and great for the environment. Wild Selections® works to ensure a fish-full future and gives back to the oceans by donating 13 cents from every can sold to World Wildlife Fund marine conservation and fishery improvement projects.
Awesome premium quality, that’s sustainably sourced and you can visit WildSelections.com to learn where the fish in your can was caught
I stuck with the celery and red onions which you’ll traditionally find in a tuna salad, but to get those Caribbean flavors I added some diced mangoes, sweet bell peppers, adobo chipotle pepper, habanero, and jerk seasoning. This really AMPS up the flavor, and I love it because it’s a break from the norm.
- 2 5 oz cans Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 2 tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce diced
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ mango diced
- 2 scallions diced
- ½ avocado diced
- 1 habanero finely diced
- 2 mini sweet bell peppers diced
- 1 tsp Jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- lemon and lime juice for squeezing
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 4 avocados halved
- or lettuce leaves
- cilantro for garnish
- In a medium bowl mix the chipotle pepper and greek yogurt together.
- Add all of the ingredients along with the tuna and mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper and squeeze lemon and lime juice for taste.
- Cut avocados in half and remove seed. Hollow out slightly if needed.
- Place tuna salad in avocado half and sprinkle with a little fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. OR Place tuna salad on lettuce leaves and sprinkle with a fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.