Creamy Shrimp and Chicken Alfredo Pasta made in a delicious homemade Alfredo sauce. This recipe is packed with all the flavors you’ll love! Shrimp, chicken, garlic, paprika, Cajun seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
I LOVE this recipe! It’s one of my favorites, and it’s in rotation at my house quite frequently. What makes this shrimp and chicken Alfredo so good is that the Alfredo sauce is made from scratch. No store bought jar in this recipe! It’s creamy, full of flavor, and couldn’t be any easier to make! All you need to do is mix up some butter, cream cheese, garlic, and milk and you are left with a velvety delicious sauce that coats the pasta perfectly.
Next we talk about the shrimp and chicken in this pasta! I seasoned the shrimp with paprika, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper, and garlic and saute them in a pan with olive oil. For the chicken the same seasonings and saute them separately. You can saute the chicken first, set it to the side, and then saute the shrimp in the same pan. I’m all about building flavors so using the same pan helps to continue to add flavor. Just be sure to remove any burned bits from the pan to avoid having an acrid taste in the pasts.
To assemble this whole dish; you’ll want to remove the shrimp and chicken once they are cooked. You are then going to make the Alfredo sauce in the same skillet. Just add the butter and garlic. Once the butter has melted, add the cream cheese, milk, Parmesan, and black pepper. Stir continuously to avoid lumps and cook the sauce on low to keep the milk from curdling. Once the sauce has thickened, add the shrimp, chicken, and penne pasta to the skillet. Toss everything together, and BOOM! You have a delicious creamy shrimp and chicken Alfredo pasta! Check out the recipe below.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- For the Shrimp:
- 10 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined (if frozen, thawed)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- For the Chicken:
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- For the Alfredo Sauce
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 and ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the penne pasta according to package instructions. Drizzle a few drops of oil, toss the pasta, and set to the side.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning, and paprika.
- Once skillet is hot, add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring constantly until chicken is no longer pink; about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, Cajun seasoning, paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to combine and coat the shrimp.
- Add shrimp to the hot skillet and cook, stirring constantly until shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cream cheese and heat until softened.
- Pour in the milk and add the Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, decrease the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer for 8-10 minutes, whisking occasionally. The sauce should be thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Once sauce has thickened, turn off the heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and combined. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Add the penne pasta, shrimp, and chicken to the sauce and toss around to coat evenly. Enjoy!