Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
Super easy, flavorful, nutrient packed Earth bowls that can be made in your very own home! Packed with protein & antioxidants! Happy Friday everyone! Today’s recipe is all about light and healthy meals, and is the perfect meal for your pre or post workout!
I was inspired to create an Earth Bowl, by one of my FAVORITE salad restaurants Sweetgreen. Now I know you guys have heard me talk about them a lot! Remember when I visited the Drake Family goat farm during their Instameet last year?This bowl is PACKED with nutrients and proteins! Not too long ago I stumbled on Village Harvest Organic Benefit Blends, and I wanted to give them a try as I’m always looking for healthy grains other than my weakness, rice! All of their mixes are gluten free and are a unique blend of rice and grains! Village Harvest is more than just rice, they are about discovering new possibilities at home in the kitchen, or thousands of miles away in the fields. Something Better Starts Here.
They’ve got 3 blends:
I was super excited to try the Organic Antioxidant blend because it’s a mixture of some of my favorite grains; black rice, lentils, and quinoa! Sounds amazing right? They offer a distinctive combination of healthful goodness. Not only that but it’s super easy to make! All you have to do is follow the instructions on the package! Fool proof! These Earth bowls are so easy to make, and make a great recipe for meal prep! I normally prep all the ingredients on Sunday, and make enough to have this at least 3 times during the week. Makes my life so much easier! Check out the recipe below, and if Village Harvest isn’t in your grocery store fill out this form: clvr.li/VHBRequest to get it in your stores!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup of Village Harvest Antioxidant blend, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Cilantro for garnish
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, add the chicken to ¼ of the baking sheet, the broccoli to another, the chickpeas in another, and the corn to another.
- Drizzle chicken, broccoli, chickpeas, and corn with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes,until chicken is cooked through.
- While that is cooking prepare the Village Harvest Antioxidant blend according to package instructions.
- In two medium bowls, add the Antioxidant blend and tomatoes.
- Top with the grilled chicken, broccoli, chickpeas, and corn and serve with the cilantro vinaigrette drizzled on top.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cilantro vinaigrette in a blender and blend until smooth!
- Add salt and pepper to taste
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.