Juicy, tender and flavorful garlic butter pork chops cooked with herbs and butter. Perfect weeknight meal for the family!
I love cooking pork chops because of how easy they are to make, and take very little time. Another plus, is that they are often on sale at local grocery markets making dinner cost effective for the whole family! As I’ve been on the keto diet, utilizing different meats has been a goal of mine and pork has been making its way into the rotation quite frequently. These garlic butter pork chops are tender, juicy, and FULL of flavor! The ingredient list and cooking process is simple. I love to pan sear them and pair with a salad and my loaded cauliflower broccoli casserole!
You can use bone in or boneless pork chops for this recipe. Bone in chops will just take a little longer to cook. If I’m cooking for kids I like to use the boneless because it’s easier for them to eat. The only thing you have to watch out for is to not over cook them. No one likes dry pork chops as they become too tough to eat. An easy way to avoid this is to cook them on the stove top vs cooking them in the oven.
Am I the only one who puts stuff in the oven, and sometimes forgets that there is something in there? Lol
So how do I make these delicious garlic pork chops? I start by seasoning the pork chops with some salt and black pepper. Then I add some cooking oil and butter to a hot skillet. You can also use a cast iron skillet. I like to make sure the pan is hot so that I can get a nice caramelization on the chops. I sear each side for about 3 minutes, and while this is going on I add the garlic and some thyme. While you want the pan to be hot; medium-high heat will suffice as you don’t want to burn the garlic. Burnt garlic is the WORST! And, that’s it! Super simple, and dinner is ready and on the table in no time.
Check out the recipe below.
- 2 lb. boneless pork chops (about 4)
- coarse salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried time
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the oil,butter, and thyme.
- Pan sear and cook the pork chops for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the surface turns light golden brown.
- Add the garlic to the skillet. Continue to flip the pork chops around and saute the garlic until light brown. Season with more salt if desired.
- Remove the pork chops from heat and serve immediately.