Fire grilled chicken seasoned with a spicy and smoky seasoning called suya, a blend of roasted peanuts and peppers. This grilled chicken suya is one of my favorite grilling recipes and is irresistibly delicious!
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms Air Chilled Chicken but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Suya seasoning is great on so many proteins, but on chicken it is quickly becoming my go to favorite. One bite is a burst of flavor and heat, and it’s such a satisfying bite! Paired with fresh onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and perinaise to help cut the heat, and I can’t think of a better summer grilling recipe.
To make my suya I used Foster Farms Air Chilled Chicken Thin Sliced Breast Fillets. I like to use a thin cut of chicken for grilling and these thin slice breast fillets are perfect! Foster Farms is a brand that I love and have been using for years because of how they raise their chicken. Their chicken is healthy, safe, and sustainably raised.
Chicken that has been air-chilled has so many great benefits!
Air-Chilling is a method for cooling chicken during processing resulting in a better taste and texture, and faster cooking time. Since the chicken is air-chilled instead of water-chilled no excess water is absorbed and the natural juices in the air-chilled chicken are not diluted preserving the taste and texture leading to more flavorful and tender pieces of meat! Air-chilled chicken also cooks faster than water-chilled chicken.
Foster Farms Simply Raised Air Chilled Chicken can be found at Safeway and Albertsons, and I try to grab it any time I see it.
Download this coupon to discover the delicious benefits of Foster Farms’ new Simply Raised Air-Chilled Chicken!
This grilled chicken suya couldn’t be any easier to make! All you need to do is brush the fillets with vegetable oil, and then cover them completely in the suya spice. You can find suya spice at your local international farmer’s market or online. I also have a recipe for making your own suya spice at home. You want to make sure that your fillets are completely covered in the suya spice.
Heat a grill pan on the stove on high heat and brush with vegetable oil. Place the fillets into the pan and grill each side for 5 minutes. Finish cooking these in the oven at 400 degrees for another 5-7 minutes. You want to let the chicken rest and cool for about 5 minutes before slicing it for eating.
Serve the suya with sliced cucumbers, red onions, and tomatoes. I also like to add suya spice to the plate to dip the chicken into the suya. It’s amazing!! Periniase is a great condiment to go with this grilled chicken suya as well. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 pound of Foster Farms Air Chilled Chicken Thin Sliced Breast Fillets
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.evseats.com/suya-spicy-shish-kebab/”]suya[/url] seasoning/spice (set some aside for serving if desired)
- Sliced red onions, cucumbers, and tomatoes
- Heat a medium-large grill pan on high heat.
- Brush the chicken fillets with vegetable oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Coat the fillets in the suya spice ensuring that each piece is fully covered in the spice.
- Brush the grill pan with vegetable oil and the chicken to the pan. Cook the chicken on each side for 5 minutes.
- Finish cooking the chicken in the oven at 400 degrees F for 5-7 minutes. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately.