The BEST Mediterranean Tuna Salad ever with fresh herbs, chickpeas, and a medley of vegetables! So easy to make and perfect for lunches on the go!
I love tuna salad because its one of those recipes where all you do is throw everything into a bowl, and boom its done! This Mediterranean tuna salad is packed with delicious Mediterranean flavors! From chickpeas, to olives, Dijon mustard, to Greek yogurt, the flavors are just really satisfying!My friend Varissa from @Misoo_hungry sent me her client, Mind Fish Co. sustainable wild caught tuna, and I couldn’t wait to try it. I realized that I don’t eat tuna enough, and after having this recipe that has definitely changed. Tuna really is the “chicken” of the sea, and it’s the perfect thing for me to have for lunch and even sometimes an early dinner! Mind Fish Co is great because they really aim to protect fisheries and consumers by promoting sustainable fishing through proper sourcing and traceability. I always pay attention to how and where my produce/protein comes from, and I believe its our duties as inhabitants of the earth to keep the earth thriving and flourishing. If you’re a tuna lover definitely check out this brand of tuna! I used the Wild SkipJack tuna custom cooked and hand packed in the Maldives. It tastes delicious!
This Mediterranean tuna salad is probably one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made! It’s very similar to my Caribbean Tuna Salad, but instead the flavors are from the Mediterranean! I added some chopped bell peppers and onions to the tuna along with cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and chickpeas. I love the different textures in this salad! Then in went some lemon zest and juice, Greek yogurt, and Dijon mustard along with some fresh parsley.
Check out the delicious recipe below!
- 2 (3 oz.) cans of MindFish Co Wild Skipjack Tuna in Spring Water
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 small bell peppers, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Zest + juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl add the tuna, kalamata olives, feta cheese, bell peppers, red onion, chickpeas, zest and juice of one lemon, dijon mustard, greek yogurt, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add tomatoes and gently stir into the mixture.
- Enjoy with sliced bread, lettuce, avocado, or whatever you prefer!