This raspberry balsamic bacon jam grilled cheese is strictly for the grown ups! I took a classic and gave it a twist with some delicious sweet and savory notes.
I’ve got a special treat! I like to call it dessert for one, and it’s this raspberry balsamic bacon jam grilled cheese. To be honest, I’m not 100% sure where the inspiration for this recipe came from; I just know I’ve had variations of it in the past and wanted to do my own spin on it. Plus, I picked up some really great bottles of wine from Grocery Outlet’s Wine Sale, and wanted to do something new to pair with the wine.
Now the wine I paired with this raspberry bacon jam grilled cheese is a pinot noir from the Grocery Outlet 20% Wine Sale. Pinot Noir pairs great with raspberry jam and the brie cheese. I call this my dessert for one, but with the Holidays coming up if you wanted to turn these into crostinis for entertaining it would be perfect! The sale at Grocery Outlet starts November 1st, and it’s a great way to stock up on wine at a discounted price for the holidays. Family and friends will start to pop up frequently this time of the year so it’s always nice to have some wine in stock for when they show up! Not to mention all the holiday parties that will take place this year! You guys know by now I’m a huge fan of this wine sale! This is my third time taking part in it!
Some wines I picked up,
- John Osborn Napa Chardonnay
- Diama Extra Dry Prosecco
Handcraft Dark Red
Pra Vinera Pinot Noir
Indigo Eyes Sparkling Brut
The Pra Vinera is PERFECT with this raspberry balsamic bacon jam grilled cheese. For red wines I typically like to pair them with cheese like brie or gouda. I love buttery creamy cheeses with red wine. 🙂Now this is strictly for the grown ups because we use fabulous brie cheese. No processed cheese here. Not only that, but I took the time to make a fabulous bacon jam with apple-wood smoked bacon, raspberry jam, and balsamic vinegar! Now you can make the raspberry jam yourself, but if you’ve got a brand you like; you can use that as well. I love Baba Raspberry Jam by Cold Water Canyon.
Check out the recipe below, and don’t forget to head to your Grocery Outlet for their 20% off Wine Sale!
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 teaspoon salted butter
- 2 oz Brie cheese, rind removed
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices of bacon
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Place bacon in skillet and cook for 3 minutes, flipping once. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small pot, combine the raspberry jam and balsamic vinegar over medium heat. Crumble up the bacon into the pot.
- Cook until mixture thickens into a jam. Let cool.
- Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with butter.
- Place 1 slice, buttered side down, in a small skillet. Spread the brie cheese all over, on the same slice of bread.
- Spread the raspberry balsamic bacon jam on the unbuttered side of the other slice of bread.
- Bring the two slices of bread together to make a sandwich.
- Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Flip; and press down lightly. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bottom is golden brown.