If you love suya spice, I’ve got a real treat for you! These spicy suya chicken wings, are FULL of flavor, spice, tang, and a little bit of sweetness.
Chicken wings are something that I can never get tired of. I seriously could eat a million of them! Lately, I’ve been in the kitchen coming up with different wing combinations, and that is how these spicy suya chicken wings were born. I love suya especially the classic combination of beef, but I thought it would be fun to use suya on chicken. I haven’t seen this combination too often, but let me tell you now; it’s delicious!!I decided to fry the wings until they turned crispy and golden brown. I first seasoned them with a little salt and pepper, then I removed them from the oil and tossed them in my suya sauce. Now lets get into this sauce, because it’s the true star!
Most times I like a dry seasoned rub on wings, but every now then I’ll go for a sauce or glaze like my Sticky Crispy Garlic Chicken Wings. For these suya wings, I combined suya spice in a little greek yogurt, honey, and lemon juice in a small pot on the stovetop. Once that combined I tossed the wings in the sauce and put them in the oven to crisp up. The result? Perfectly crisp and seasoned wings with just the right amount of heat! If you find yourself wanting more heat than the recipe gives, just add more suya seasoning.
Check out my beef suya recipe for a suya spice recipe from scratch or you can buy some suya seasonng here:
- 12 split chicken wings
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- salt and black pepper taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- oil for frying
- 1 heaped tbsp Suya spice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 35 degrees.
- Wash and pat chicken wings dry.
- Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and baking soda.
- Heat up some oil to 350 degrees and fry the wings until they are golden brown and crispy. About 7-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is frying, in a separate pot combine the suya spice, greek yogurt, lemon juice, and honey. Cook over low heat just until the sauce combines. About 2 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, IMMEDIATELY toss in the suya sauce.
- Place wings on a rack and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes and onions if desired. Serve immediately.