I’m always looking to celebrate any holiday with food. After all food is love, and they also say it’s the best way to a man’s heart. This year for Father’s Day, I’ve been thinking about the perfect Father’s Day Gifts and I thought… why not make one of my dad’s favorite breakfast meals?
When I was a kid, one of the things I used to look forward to was my mom waking my sisters and I on a Saturday morning and telling us to get dressed for breakfast at Ihop. This was a treat because Saturday mornings were usually spent with us doing household chores while my mom cooked for the week. We’d hurriedly get dressed so we could beat the usual long line that formed in the mornings. Once we got there we’d look at the menu to see if there was anything new we wanted to try. My dad, however, never ordered anything new. He always stuck with his signature choice; T-bone Steak and Eggs. I almost feel like you can never go wrong with Steak and Eggs; so I knew that this was a dish that I wanted to try and re-create at home as part of my gift to my dad. Steak and eggs are both really easy to make. All you need is a nice piece of meat that’s been seasoned well with salt and pepper and to fry up some eggs. Fool proof! I got a little fancy and decided to serve them with a side of garlic herb mushrooms and some breakfast potatoes; this is a gift after all! In addition to the food, I also thought that a watch would make a gift.
Not too long ago; I received a watch from Jord Watches, a watch company that makes all natural wooden watches. I fell in love with how beautiful and simple the watches were so when they contacted me about doing a giveaway for Father’s Day I couldn’t resist sharing. I love jewelry that makes a statement without being too flashy, and their watches are perfect for both men and women.The watch in the picture is the Fieldcrest Zebrawood and Maple , and if you’re looking for a good Father’s Day watch; check out their men’s shop. I am also hosting a giveaway for one free watch! All you need to do is click on this LINK to enter. The contest ends June 19th!
Okay, back to the steak and eggs! I used a 1 pound sirloin steak; about 1 inch think and seasoned it pretty generously with salt and black pepper. I then cooked the steak in a HOT cast iron skillet with some unsalted butter about 4 minutes per side. Only turn your steak once! Because I like my steak medium, I then transferred it to the oven to cook for about 5 more minutes. While the steak was resting; I cracked two eggs in a non skillet pan with some butter, covered it and let the whites set. I then sliced the steak diagonally and topped it with my fried egg. That’s it!
It’s always good to give gifts, and when you make a meal for someone I think it makes the gift a little more special. Don’t forget to check out the watches from Jord Watch, and to enter my giveaway for a FREE watch! Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! <3 Evi
ENTER GIVEWAY: HERE
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- One (1-pound) sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick)
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, until HOT.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Season the steak generously with salt and black pepper (both sides).
- Place the steak in the skillet and cook until brown and a crust appears. About 4 minutes per side. Make sure to only turn the steak once.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 5 minutes more for medium.
- Once cooked, remove the steak from the pan, cover with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate non stick pan, melt 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Crack two eggs, cover, and cook until the whites start to set. About 3 minutes.
- Cut the steak diagonally and serve immediately with the eggs.