These Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts are perfect for when you’re craving something sweet and delicious that’s quick and easy to make!
Usually I’m not much of a sweets person, but when the craving for something sweet hits, it hits hard and needs to be taken care of. If I’m feeling too lazy to make a full on dessert, these Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts do the trick.
I love them because I am not a baker by nature and have been working really hard on stepping up my dessert game, and these are simple to make, but look AMAZING!
With spring around the corner these puff pastry tarts are perfect for entertaining. Sometimes simple is best, and all that’s needed for these are puff pastry sheets, strawberries, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. That’s it! Just 5 ingredients!
These strawberry cream cheese tarts are a hit at parties, and I love to serve them with vanilla ice cream. If we’re just enjoying them at home, they also go great with a glass of milk. A few quick tips when working with puff pastry:
- Before spreading the sheets with the cream cheese mixture, it’s best that the puff pastry sheet is COLD to achieve that flaky crust and layers. This will also help the pastry to rise.
- For that golden brown color, brush the pastries with an egg wash.
- I also slice the strawberries thin to avoid them from weighing the pastry down (A tip I learned from my foodie friend, Christine from FeedMySole).
For more amazing recipes using Puff Pastry check out their website here!
- 1 sheet [i] puff pastry[/i], (I used [url href=”https://ooh.li/f7152e5″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Pepperidge Farm® brand[/url])
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 10 oz fresh strawberries, cut into slices
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small egg, beaten, for brushing
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Cut the sheet of puff pastry into 8 rectangles.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the beaten egg.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into the center of rectangles and arrange strawberry
- slices on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely to a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired.