Every lazy cook’s dream, this 15 minute spaghetti is easy, fast, and simply delicious!
With the weather warming up, the last thing I want to do is be sweating in a hot kitchen all day cooking up a meal. I love spring and summer for the simple and tasty light meals, the beautiful colors, and spending as much time as I can outdoors. One of my favorite ways to create a light and tasty meal is with pasta, and this 15 minute spaghetti is perfect for those hot summer days! Although disclaimer, there is some heat in this recipe (red chili flakes), and while that might sound counterproductive; I can take the spice and heat any time of the year. If you can’t, simply omit. 🙂
There are only 5 key ingredients in this spaghetti recipe. Basil, garlic, onions, 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes, and red chili flakes. All the “hard” work consists of dicing up the garlic and onions, but once that is done you just heat them up in a saucepan with olive oil and once the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, you throw in the diced tomatoes.
Now because we are only cooking this pasta sauce for 15 minutes, seasonings are key here if you’re hoping to achieve maximum flavor. You’ll notice in the recipe that I’m a little heavy handed with the seasonings, but you can always adjust them to your preference and liking! When serving a simple meal you can always amp it up by serving it on beautiful serve ware, like these gorgeous dinnerware from REVOL! We eat with our eyes first, and presentation is key when you’re trying to impress someone with a lovely meal.
REVOL is a french made porcelain company who makes all of their bakeware, cookware, and dinnerware by hand! They produce the highest quality products with with the most beautiful colors and designs, and aim to make cooking easier & stylish. I fell in love with their Color Lab Collection, and the minute I saw these dinnerware in the color “celadon green” I knew I had to get it! They have such beautiful colors, and it’s the perfect way to introduce some color into your cooking! How cute are these colorful porcelain spoons and espresso cups with matching saucers?!This 15 minute spaghetti is the perfect lazy Sunday lunch or dinner. Serve it up on some beautiful plates from REVOL, and with a glass of white or red wine and you’ve got the perfect meal! Check out the recipe below!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- one 12-ounce box of spaghetti
- 2 14.5-ounce cans of Diced Fire Roasted tomatoes
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- finely chopped fresh basil for garnishing, optional
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnishing, optional
- In a large pot, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Al dente pasta should take about 10-12 minutes. Drain, but reserve about 2 tbsps of the cooked pasta water. Set aside.
- While the spaghetti is boiling, to a large skillet add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Next add the onions and cook until translucent about 2-3 minutes, and then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, stir to combine.
- Add in all of the seasonings, stir to combine, and simmer over medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- After the spaghetti has cooked add the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine in the skillet. Add the 2 tbsps of pasta water and toss all together.
- Optionally garnish with basil and Parmesan to taste and serve immediately.